CALL FOR POSTER ABSTRACTS
Duke AHEAD Health Professions Education Day:
Working and Learning Together in Teams
September 13, 2016
Deadline: Aug 3, 2016
Duke AHEAD in partnership with the School of Nursing, School of Medicine, and GME, and Duke Health is excited to announce the third annual Health Professions Education Day, September 13, 2016. This celebration spotlights health professions educators and their remarkable innovations and achievements. As part of this year’s celebration, Duke AHEAD will be accepting poster abstracts for presentation.
Abstracts should reflect our mission to advance education excellence innovation. Projects that are collaborative and innovative will be particularly encouraged. Posters will be displayed on 9/13/2016 the entire day (we encourage you to stand by your poster from 8:00-8:55 a.m.), allowing discussion among presenters and interested attendees.
Maximum 500 words, excluding title, authors/advisor, and references.
Organize the abstract as follows:
- Title - Keep the title brief. Should portray essence of the project/program
- Authors (names, title, degree) - Poster presentations may be made by a substitute for the first author, but the presenter must be a co-author.
- Purpose of the project/program - background information on population and program; include problem being addressed
- Methods for program/project implementation (research methods or what was done for a service project)
- Results or Evaluation (evaluation of the activity if service, highlight outcomes, and /or findings)
- Conclusions (project effectiveness, recommendations for future programming and/or follow up, include limitations of the program/project, if any)
- References (maximum of 4)
Selection will be based on:
- Highlighting junior faculty
- Diverse departmental projects
Categories for special consideration include:
- Interprofessional or interdepartmental projects
- Curricula design
- Faculty development
All submissions must be received by Kristin Dickerson, email@example.com, on or before August 3, 2016 at 5pm. The submission form can be found below.
If you have questions about your submission, please e-mail Kristin Dickerson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The primary author of each abstract will be notified of the status of their submission via e-mail by August 17, 2016. If you have not received information regarding your submission by August 7, please contact Kristin Dickerson.