Health Professions Education Certificate Program
We are excited to offer an opportunity for faculty who are interested in health professions education as a career to apply for our Certificate in Health Professions Education & Teaching
This 12-month program will allow up to 10 faculty, professional staff, or fellows from the School of Nursing, Physical Therapy Program, Physician Assistant Programs, School of Medicine, Duke University Health System, and Professors of the Practice of Medical Education to participate.
The objectives of the program include:
- Support Faculty Development for health professions education
- Engage in an innovative educational project based on departmental or school need
- Produce an environment in which interprofessionals work and learn collaboratively
- Develop a community of core faculty who could serve as educational resources for other faculty
- Provide mentorship to developing educators
The program details:
•12 month duration (Start date 7/9/2018)
•Attend one session per month (2 hours, from 5:15-7:15 pm)
•Develop a project with measurable outcomes
•Present project locally at Duke AHEAD faculty development session
•Stipend $1000 + additional project support as needed.
•How to Facilitate Learner’s Identity Formation
•Assess and evaluate learning
•Curriculum design/program evaluation
Applicants may self-nominate after completing the attached form.
A letter of support from your Chair, Dean, or Director must accompany the nomination forms.
10 faculty will be chosen by the Duke AHEAD certificate steering committee based on the application and letter of support. The criteria for selection will include, but not be limited to, interest in interprofessional education and diversity of experiences.
Program will begin 7/9/18.
Any questions, please contact email@example.com