Benefits of Membership
- Participate in professional development activities and Academy programs
- Network with a community of health professions educators
- Participate in Education Interest Groups (EIGs)
- Eligible to apply for Academy Education Innovation grants
- Include Academy membership on curriculum vitae
- Eligible to receive a letter of support (from an educational point of view) from the Academy for purposes of faculty promotion
- Research support available for approved educational research activities
Terms of Membership
- Membership is for two years and is renewable based on continued Academy program participation at the appropriate membership level.
Levels of Membership
Member: Duke Health faculty or professional who have a role in health professions education and want to develop as a health professions educator. Members of Duke AHEAD are expected to participate in Academy activities and programs, contribute to the education of health professions learners, assist other Academy members in developing educational materials, innovations and research activities.
Fellow: The fellow member level recognizes educators who are earlier in their careers as health professions educators but who are already demonstrating the potential for major and on-going contributions to health professions education within Duke Health or the professions. Read more about the process of becoming a fellow here.
FELLOW APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED FOR 2023 THROUGH FEBRUARY 10, 2023
Distinguished Member: For those members who have demonstrated commitment and service to Duke AHEAD and excellence in education within Duke Health. These members have been identified as significant educators within Duke Health with a proven track record of scholarship in the field of health professions education, including prior educational experiences and contributions and not limited to activities within Duke. Distinguished members have educational contributions and experiences that include activities at Duke, at other institutions, and at regional, national, and international levels. Read more about the distinguished member process here. Distinguished member applications will re-open in 2024.