How We Can Help
Why did you join Duke AHEAD?
As I said above, I have a strong desire to collaborate with others from the various health disciplines. Our students need to learn ways to work together better so the more we learn, know, and demonstrate ways we can work together, the better chance our students will have to make and keep strong connections with other health care professionals.
Educator Professional Development Program
Duke AHEAD offers many sources of faculty development for faculty who want to strengthen their role as an educator. The EPD programs include skill building workshops (monthly faculty development sessions), education grand rounds, journal club, an annual Education Day, and a certificate program in teaching. Content areas include instruction and assessment; educational research and scholarship; innovations in education; effective use of educational technology; and educational leadership. Individuals may apply to...
Duke AHEAD will assist faculty who wish to incorporate education activities as a significant component of their academic portfolio of accomplishments for promotion by:
- providing support and formal mentoring for faculty who want to develop a career in health professions education
- recognizing educational accomplishment with teaching awards annually to those who embody the principles of excellence in teaching
- establishing appropriate metrics to evaluate academic accomplishment in education
- assist in documenting their education contributions for...
The Academy will advance the importance of educational scholarship by supporting faculty in their pursuit of a rigorous educational research agenda. Scholarly activity within the Academy will lend credibility to the education component of Duke’s tripartite mission and contribute to advancing the field of health professions education. It will provide a framework for affirming the value of educational contributions in promotion and tenure processes. Specifically, the Academy will:
- offer assistance and resources to faculty who wish to conduct...