AHEAD Executive Advisory Board member, Pam Edwards, EdD, MSN, RN-BC-FABC, CNE, CENP, has been selected to receive a 2019 Friends of Nursing Award.
Recognition & Promotion
Duke AHEAD will assist faculty who wish to incorporate education activities as a significant component of their academic portfolio of accomplishments for promotion by:
- providing support and formal mentoring for faculty who want to develop a career in health professions education
- recognizing educational accomplishment with teaching awards annually to those who embody the principles of excellence in teaching
- establishing appropriate metrics to evaluate academic accomplishment in education
- assist in documenting their education contributions for purposes of promotion and tenure.
- providing departmental APT committees with an assessment of the quality of a faculty members "educational" academic accomplishment