Duke AHEAD in partnership with the School of Nursing, School of Medicine, Duke Health and the Office of Graduate Medical Education is excited to announce the fifth annual Health Professions Education Day, September 21, 2018. This celebration spotlights health professions educators and their remarkable innovations and achievements. As part of this year’s celebration, Duke AHEAD will be accepting poster abstracts for presentation.
Recognition & Promotion
Duke AHEAD will assist faculty who wish to incorporate education activities as a significant component of their academic portfolio of accomplishments for promotion by:
- providing support and formal mentoring for faculty who want to develop a career in health professions education
- recognizing educational accomplishment with teaching awards annually to those who embody the principles of excellence in teaching
- establishing appropriate metrics to evaluate academic accomplishment in education
- assist in documenting their education contributions for purposes of promotion and tenure.
- providing departmental APT committees with an assessment of the quality of a faculty members "educational" academic accomplishment