Duke AHEAD in partnership with the School of Nursing, School of Medicine, Duke Health and the Office of Graduate Medical Education is excited to announce the fourth annual Health Professions Education Day, October 16, 2017. This celebration spotlights health professions educators and their remarkable innovations and achievements. As part of this year’s celebration, Duke AHEAD will be accepting poster abstracts for presentation.
Abstracts should reflect our mission to advance education excellence innovation. Please consider sharing your work for future collaboration as well as for scholarly recognition. Posters will be displayed on 10/16/2017 the entire day, allowing discussion among presenters and interested attendees.
Maximum 500 words, excluding title, authors/advisor, and references.
Organize the abstract as follows:
- Title - Keep the title brief. Should portray essence of the project/program
- Authors (names, title, degree) - Poster presentations may be made by a substitute for the first author, but the presenter must be a co-author.
- Purpose of the project/program - background information on population and program; include problem being addressed
- Methods for program/project implementation (research methods or what was done for a service project)
- Results or Evaluation (evaluation of the activity if service, highlight outcomes, and /or findings)
- Conclusions (project effectiveness, recommendations for future programming and/or follow up, include limitations of the program/project, if any)
- References (maximum of 4)
All submissions must be received by Kristin Dickerson, email@example.com, on or before August 28, 2017 at 5pm.
If you have questions about your submission, please e-mail Kristin Dickerson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The primary author of each abstract will be notified of the status of their submission via e-mail by September 8, 2017. If you have not received information regarding your submission by September 15th, please contact Kristin Dickerson.